Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare Certificate Program
Learn to guide your healthcare system to:
- Improved operational performance
- Reduced costs
- Higher quality and patient satisfaction
- Increased patient safety
- Improved employee morale and satisfaction
Using the Proven Lean Six Sigma Tools and Methodology, this intensive 48-hour certificate program will give participants a hands-on, learn-by-doing experience applying Lean Six Sigma Principles and Tools for the Healthcare environment.
This 8-day Certificate Program is led by an outstanding team of Lean Six Sigma experts. The concepts taught are tailored to the healthcare industry, including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, physician practices, laboratories and other healthcare services. The learning methodology for this Lean Six Sigma Certificate is a highly interactive process which will include: instructor-led discussion, personal assessment of skills, group exercises, case studies, operational action plans, and Lean Six Sigma Tools that can be applied immediately. Homework assignments will require implementation of the new skills using the Lean Six Sigma strategy and structure.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Apply Lean Six Sigma Tools and Techniques to Healthcare Performance Improvement Projects
- Develop Effective Teamwork Skills for Cultivating a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Utilize Problem Solving Tools to Conduct Root Cause Analysis
- Employ Mistake Proofing, Visual Management and 5S Strategies to Enhance Safety in the Healthcare Environment
- Construct Value Stream Maps to Identify Waste and Reveal Improvement Opportunities
- Lead Lean Six Sigma Projects That Will Eliminate Waste and Improve Conditions for Patients and Providers
Healthcare Administrators, Executives, Nurses, Physicians, Clinical Staff, Pharmacists, Laboratory Staff, Office Administrators. Chosen participants should have leadership and communication skills, knowledge of the facility and demonstrated trust and credibility with their organization.
WHY THIS CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IS UNIQUE
This Certificate Program will teach the Lean Six Sigma Management System tools as well as the teamwork skills necessary to ensure a sustainable Lean Implementation. Participants will learn what steps to take to dramatically improve quality, cost, safety, morale, and service delivery by systematically identifying and eliminating waste.
- 64 hours of hands-on classroom training for an enriched learning experience.
- Participants will receive job aids and sample forms that can be used back at the workplace.
- Our instructors receive outstanding reviews and 100% customer satisfaction results on feedback surveys.
- Our instructors have real world experience; they teach busy healthcare professionals how to connect the tools to solve actual problems.
Day 1 Introduction to Lean
Day 2 Introduction to Six Sigma
Day 3 Leadership Culture Change and Communication
Day 4 Coaching and Conflict Resolution
Day 5 Patient-Focused Teamwork and Meeting Management
Day 6 Visual Management and Mistake Proofing
Day 7 Process Mapping and Value Stream Mapping
Day 8 Problem Solving and Project Selection & Prioritization
This is an on-site customized program delivered in your healthcare setting.
This program can be customized to your specific requirements and delivered at your facility. Call Mary Rose Hennessy at 630-505-0500 ext. 225 for more information.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Continuing Education Credit (CEU) is available for participants who complete the entire program. This is an approved professional development activity and 4.8 CEU credits will be awarded upon request.
The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Illinois College of Medicine designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per session. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For more information, see our Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare brochure.